BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 18, 2009

Yamato Nadeshiko

Before I start, guess where am I?

I'm in a nearby cafe/restaurant named 'Nostalgia'... in Chinese, '旧街'... Well... it's kind of the pirated 'Old Town' Cafe... XD... 2 minutes drive from my house, neat huh? ^^ (But the food sucks)

Now to the real topic...

I've always look up the the traditional Japanese ideal women... The Yamato Nadeshiko...
Not because of the Japanese culture...

"Also known as an ideal Japanese woman, it revolves around acting for the benefit of the family and following instructions or acting in the best interest of patriarchal authority figures. Virtues include: loyalty, domestic ability, wisdom, and humility.

During World War II, the idea of Yamato Nadeshiko was influenced by war-time propaganda. A Yamato Nadeshiko should be able to endure all the pain and poverty of life for her husband (a soldier) and the country, and should always be ready to fight with naginata or tae yari and to be ready to die at any time, for her country or to keep her chastity. However, as opposed to being a particularly feminine characteristic, gyokusai, or to give up life for the war, was a duty expected from all who wished themselves to be considered a Japanese citizen."

They're beautiful, graceful and elegant but still strong and reliable... I wish I can be like one... But I don't need to fight with a naginata or tae yari right? Well... my husband's not a soldier so... I don't need to fight right? XD

But I'm ready to protect whatever that's dear to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment